Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10. Connection I made


Chapter 48 page 149

"...People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave..."

Everything happens for a reason, and I like to live my life as if everything is on purpose. Recently I have gone through a breakup that was the result of unfortunate circumstances and hidden truths that were there all along. I feel that I stumbled upon this passage because I was supposed to. Weeks of being upset and uncertainty dragged on without emotional relief, but with a simple turn of a page and comprehension of these words that in some other situation would be meaningless and inescapable I was FREED. All this time I thought I was trying to get over a boyfriend, when in actuality I was getting over a soul mate. He was my mirror, the person that smacked me awake and brought down my walls. In doing so he changed me for the better by first changing me for the worst. He came into my life on purpose just as I have come upon this book, to reveal the ME that I had masked over time and to show me that the answers are all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment